Short Tandem Repeat (STR)
Establish or verify a Short Tandem Repeat profile via Promega Powerplex® 16 System. Assay performed using standard operating procedures and interpreted by an experienced clinician in a CAP and CLIA certified lab.
Please visit Promega for more information about the Promega Powerplex® 16 System.
Reference for Cell Line Authentication Guidelines:
What it detects:
- STR polymorphisms for 15 loci plus amelogenin (Promega PowerPlex® 16)
- Probability of matching identity to an existing STR profile
- Cell-line cross contamination to 5%
What it doesn’t detect:
- STR polymorphisms in areas other than those represented in Promega PowerPlex® 16
- Cell-line cross contamination <5%
When to use:
- To monitor identity of a cell line
- To confirm relationship of iPS cells to their parent line
- To establish an STR profile of a newly derived or reprogrammed cell line
- To rule out culture cross-contamination