Stem Cell Lines
WiCell provides the highest quality human pluripotent stem cell lines to researchers around the world. Starting with the initial deposit of the first five embryonic stem cell lines (WA01, WA07, WA09, WA13, WA14) derived by Dr. James Thomson, WiCell has greatly expanded its offerings to include:
- Human embryonic stem (hES) cell lines: Includes original lines from the National Stem Cell Bank as well as additional stem cell lines derived by WiCell.
- Xeno-free, completely defined cell lines: Derived under rigorous quality systems, these cell lines have never been exposed to animal products and are ideal for future therapeutic applications.
- Cell lines banked under GMP conditions: H9 (WA09) and H14 (WA14) cell line banked under GMP conditions, ideal for use as starting material for clinical applications. Matched research bank material is available for assessment and use in preclinical applications.
- Modified hES cell lines: Genetically modified.
- Induced pluripotent stem (iPS) cell lines: Cells reprogrammed prior to deposit.
- Disease model iPS cell lines: Currently includes leukemia model cells.
- Differentiated cell lines: Currently includes neural progenitor cells.